Welcome to PunksAndSkins.com

Please login or register

Being a member will give you full access to the website and will allow you to participate to the discussion forums

Log-in

Lost your password?

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

Username:  

E-mail Address:  

Confirm E-mail:  
Password:  
Confirm Password:

[Anti-Bot] What continent is United States located on ?

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Share on Facebook

more SKINHEAD t-shirts
more PUNK t-shirts
more SKA t-shirts
Animal Liberation t-shirts
Anti-capitalist t-shirts

Music Downloads

Maurice's Little Bastards/The Pantophobics - Rock 'N' Roll W 

Support Us
Buy T-Shirts !
more SKINHEAD t-shirts
more PUNK t-shirts
more SKA t-shirts
Anti-war t-shirts
Anti-capitalist t-shirts

Visit Our Shop
Post  Maurice's Little Bastards/The Pantophobics - Rock 'N' Roll W
Share this album on Facebook

Artist: Maurice's Little Bastards/The Pantophobics
Album: Rock 'N' Roll Will Never Diet Soda
Release: 2001
Label: Mocheeks Revolutions

Tracklist:

1. Maurice's Little Bastards - Coca Cola Democracy
2. Maurice's Little Bastards - Neanderthal Man
3. Maurice's Little Bastards - Neon Brigade
4. Maurice's Little Bastards - Plan B
5. Maurice's Little Bastards - Struck Out
6. Maurice's Little Bastards - Animal Eyes
7. Maurice's Little Bastards - Ridin' On Out
8. Maurice's Little Bastards - On My Own/BIHC BABY
9. The Pantophobics - Mario
10. The Pantophobics - Bad Otis
11. The Pantophobics - Mex. Song
12. The Pantophobics - Dead Man
13. The Pantophobics - Social Squirrel
14. The Pantophobics - Alter Ego
15. The Pantophobics - Atlas

At the time of Rock 'N' Roll Will Never Diet Soda's release, I was twelve years old and knew approximately nothing about music. Instead of investigating the local scene, I was content to listen to mainstream rock radio, where crap like Korn were all the rage. I first heard about the Pantophobics from Justin Morgan, their drummer, who was an upperclassman at my middle school/high school. One hell of a funny guy, and one hell of a drummer; his bandmates Zach Lewis (guitar/vocals and also bass with Maurice's Little Bastards) and Ed Morales (bass/oi oi ois) were no slouches in performing the band's lackadaisical, unpretentious (!) indie rock, but even on the split's shoestring recording quality one thing is remarkably clear: Justin is fuckin'slamming the skins.

I first heard Maurice's Little Bastards when Justin popped their debut CD Greatest Hits into the computer next to mine in the school library one afternoon and told me that I "hadn't heard punk until you hear these guys." Seeing as how my closest experience to punk at that point was Green Day, he was right on. MLB open this album with what sounds like both bands emulating idle crowd chatter, puncuated by singer Justin Maurer intoning, "Welcome to Winslow, Baaaaainbridge Islannnd." From there, it's nine songs of off-the-wall, lo-fi hardcore punk that sounds a whole lot like the Germs only with thumpy cardboard drums and lyrics about "[finding] a safe haven from my teenage anguish and hormonal induced deception" ("Ridin' On Out") and "endless proliferation of selfish materialism" ("Neon Brigade"). I really wish I'd been able to stay long enough at the Teen Center to see them play the record release during one spring Friday night, but my parents insisted on picking me up in time for dinner...MLB were known for their wild performances, and for Justin getting naked mid-song and remaining so for the duration of the set. As it was, I only caught the Pantophobics. Shucks.

This album is quite clearly a work of friends having a blast together in the crummy studios they cut the songs in–– the bands' musical styles are quite disparate, to say the least. But this is one of those records that, for the better, sounds a lot like high school. Enjoy.

http://punksandskins.com/dl.php?go=http://www.mediafire.com/?xymzofunflm

-Asa

Source: http://icoulddietomorrow.blogspot.com/2009/07/maurices-little-bastardsthe_07.html

11 Nov 2009, 08:35

Search for:
Jump to:  

**LOGIN

Username:

Password:

Remember me  

Or click here to register a new account

LAST POSTS

• Aus-Rotten Discography
• Desobediencial Civil (Anarkopunk Mexico)
• Society System Decontrol - Discography
• account delete
• Return To Fortress Europe: The Big Shiny Prison Vol 3 [PDF]
• Re: Hi, this is Stain from Albacete, Spain.
• Re: Кто может проконсультировать?
• Re: PUREVIL DC Punk early 80's
• Re: Preved. Your answer is machless... :)
• Re: 17/04 Elway + Joe McMahon (Smoke Or Fire) @Winston Amsterdam
• Re: Hi from France
• Re: Punk survey
• Re: Lay It On The Line - The Black Museum
• Re: No Gods No Masters buyer review

You will need a software like WINRAR to open the albums you download here.

Add us to your friends !

Use this image to link to us !

MOST POPULAR SEARCH TERMS

template->_php_include(): File ./popsearch.php does not exist or is empty

LAST SEARCH FOR:

• Besancon • Pöblers united • Strength In Numbers • Amparanoia • Skin Deep - The Burial • Groovie Ghoulies 99 • 2 Minuta Mrznje • Kingdom the rage that guides • Trocki • Guts Pie Earshot • The business rio • New Dawn Fades • Fuera del sektor • Genocide Superstars • The Maytones • Risen • Murphys Law The Best Of Times • Mu330 • Crisis Ends • Edith Nylon • Disidencia • Garçons • Nosotros Decimos No • Scarface Ska • Nofx war • The Liberators • Death Threat Nowhere Fast • Jugend • Eddie Spaghetti The Sauce • Michale Graves - Demos Live Cuts Vol. Iv • Koliko • Los Pies Negros • Dead Kennedys Plastic Surgery Disasters • Brother Inferior ?– Blasphemy Treason • Cxdxrx • 99 bottles • Fine young firecrackers  • Lady -saw • Kategorie C • Desvirgheitors • Backyard Babies ? Backyard Babies -2008 • Aftermath uk • Pledge • Kaaos -kasetti ** ** 8=8 • Jesuseater • Societic Death Slaughter • Hard Skin • The Flys • The Tostones • Raptus • Todays The Day • Total Terror • The haggis • The Ska Album •  music ich bin ein punk • The kids • The Broadways • Agnostic Front Warriors • Narcissus - crave collapse • Ni o zombi • Port  • Metro st • Berurier Noir Porcherie • The Whores • The Oppressed Fatal Blow • World/inferno Friendship Society • Poison Idea Discografia • 7 Seconds Walk Together Rock Together • Anti -flag - die for your government • Tronic • Leather bristles survivors sick boys • Deathcore • Natty combo • Defensa Y Justicia • G.g.allin • Instinct • Only Living Witness • Mash -up • The Potato 5 • Stormcrow • Vent • Enraged • Sample • Arsonists • Varning • Stupenda jones • The Jam Gold • Accords • Hortense Ellis • Raymonde Et Les Blancs Becs • Oxnard • Sex pistols • Les Collabos - Complete Discography (1983-85) - 2010 - Punk • Pinstripes • Chasing Hamburg • Dry amp; heavy • Suicide machines least worst of • Jornada Del Caos • New Christs • Tributo A Madness • La theorie du boxon • Morgue • The Knob • Skacha • Rock`n roll • I Love Ufo • Purple • Salsa • Geraniüm • La rona • Burnt • Nadie • Sonny moore • Deadly Games Varukers • Tampere Ss - Kuollut • Tampere Ss - Kuollut • Skank to • Tampere Ss - Kuollut • Tampere Ss - Kuollut • Alien Sex Fiend

* NO FILES ARE HOSTED ON OUR SERVERS *
* The links are either posted by a member of our site or a robot *
* For copyright issues, either contact the original uploader OR the website where the physical file is hosted. *
* PunkAndSkins.com is an index of files crawled by spider bots, just like google. *
* We can't moderate everything posted on this site. Because something was posted by a robot doesn't means we support the band and their ideas. We are sorry if you found something that shouldn't be here. *
Forum software by PhpBB.com T-Shirt Printing