Welcome to PunksAndSkins.com

Please login or register

Being a member will give you full access to the website and will allow you to participate to the discussion forums

Log-in

Lost your password?

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

Username:  

E-mail Address:  

Confirm E-mail:  
Password:  
Confirm Password:

[Anti-Bot] What continent is United States located on ?

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Share on Facebook

more SKINHEAD t-shirts
more PUNK t-shirts
more SKA t-shirts
Animal Liberation t-shirts
Anti-capitalist t-shirts

Music Downloads

Green Day, Pop Punk, and Bullshit 
United Kingdom

Post  Re: Green Day, Pop Punk, and Bullshit
Share this album on Facebook

anarchopunk00 wrote:
ALL OF YOU: Stop bitching! Debate sure,but when things get "personal" it's time to stop.

Well we were debating at first, but sometimes you can't help it when the topic steers off in a different direction but yes I agree, it is getting a bit 'personal' now and off-topic so I'll stop (if bigblu does too :P).

anarchopunk00 wrote:
It's fucking music,if you hate it/dislike it/whatever,you have this great option out there called "not listening." If there is a band whining on the radio that happens to be labeled "pop punk" by some fat fuck CEO sitting at the top of his/her glass tower counting money,and firing employees for shits and giggles,you can simply change your radio station,plug in an MP3 player,maybe even a CD,or ye olde cassette tape; then you can blast your ear drums out with thus desired music.

"Pop punk" isn't always a name slapped onto music just to endorse it though, some of these bands will actually call themselves punk. Green Day have done it, but then tried to deny it afterwards. Even Avril fucking Lavigne said she was punk and even compared herself to Sid Vicious, and then too tried to deny it and said she didn't even know who Sid Vicious was. I know I don't have to listen to these bands, and I don't, but when they say or do stupid shit like that then I will 'call them out' on it. Some people think they're not harming us so what's the problem, but I think they are - not all of them, but some of them, are damaging the scene. If they just played their music, and didn't use the term punk to describe it, then I couldn't care less. Punk isn't a label, but that doesn't mean the word should be thrown around carelessly. End of rant :P

06 Oct 2011, 20:25
United Kingdom

i forgot about this post is the argument still going on haha , i just think it either damges the punk scene or it doesnt for me bands like green day and blink 182 influenced me to hear bands they were influenced by like stiff little fingers as tom outta blink said he used to listen to them and green day got me into rancid , then through rancid i got into gbh etc.
But there's some people out there who think oh green day is sooo punk and different shit like that and they dont bother learning about new bands so they dont learn :-( tut tut lol

06 Oct 2011, 21:28

I agree,with you but the term "Punk" has been discriminated,and misused since it was first coined back in the late 1970s. Further more alongside musicians like Avril Lavigne, Good Charlotte called themselves "Pop Punks," then when turning pop they denied ever calling themselves "Punk." So I guess it's nothing new or surprising, to be honest it makes me sick. It's not like our scene isn't already ruined by "Jocks with Mohawks," unity in the scene flew out the window,and it seems most bands now days seemed to forget that not all skinheads are racist Nazis. I would also like to know when a mosh pit turned a "slug fest"? I thought a mosh pit was just bouncing into each other,shoving,not a knee to the balls,and a punch in the face. Aside from that I have to agree with Rosie Punx; I too got into punk by "Pop Punk" bands,it's kinda like the snowball effect,it starts out small but keeps rolling gaining more and more to it. I'm even studying to be a "Punk Journalist/Historian." I have to help the scene somehow.
Turning rebellion into money

09 Oct 2011, 01:53
United Kingdom

i want to be a punk journalist / historian ! lol how do you get into it ? ive got half a a level in media would that help ? lol .
But yeah punk has been used incorectly since it got popular like with people then trying to be the stereotypical punk that the media portreyed it pisses me off people still do the now , But bands like good charlotte and etc. just use the term punk because it'll make them look edgy and cool and benji used to be a punk apparently i know he has east bay punx tattooed on his arm but yeah when they come out it was popular to be pop punk and it looks good in the media to 11 - 13 year old kids who want to rebel against there parents to listen to bands witha edgy image but there parent are sort of ok with it cause the bands are playing pop tunes lol

09 Oct 2011, 18:27

I'm studying Web Design,and I plan to make my own website,to publish album reviews,interviews,pod cast,and pictures,shit like that. I mainly just want to travel the world,and check out the scenes all over the place. Either that or move to London,and work for LastFM. lol. Just read up on Punk,look into it more,I have been reading books like "the encyclopedia of punk rock," watching punk Docs,and checking out new and old music from various punk artist across the world. I nearly have a music library of 4,746 songs,and counting. lol. I paid for a lot of it too,by going to shows and having the bands sign it for me,it's such a great feeling to meet the band,rather than giving up you hard earned money to some store that checks out on part of the profits. Idk,I heard Benji was punk too,he was even playing cards with members from Rancid in the "Fall back down video," and even friends with Mark unseen from the band The Unseen. He seems to be some rich boy now. It's true I was listening to them when I was in middle school,I remember my parents didn't really like when i first got into bands like Pennywise,with their song "Fuck Authority," but they got over it,and accepted me for who I became/am.
Turning rebellion into money

10 Oct 2011, 02:01
United Kingdom

@ anarchopunk00 Yeah benji has played shows with rancid cause they were or are his fav band yep when i was like 10 good charlotte were my fav band this is why i know this haha nearly 9 year ago nowthough haha but i mainly go to underground record shops that sell punk cd's or buy them at gigs of the band , ive got some great punk documentaries check out rough cut and ready dubbed , its set in london i think at the late seventies the people filming it dressed up as punk and skinheads so like the punks and skinheads wouldnt feel as awkward talking to them . Also punks not dead is a good doc aswell and she's a punk rocker :-)
But ive just checked my laptop and i have 77.9 hours worth of punk music haha including like all different types of punk stuff
But good luck with becoming a punk historian i'd love to do that but im useless with computers haha :-)

10 Oct 2011, 13:22
United States

horrorpunk-zombie wrote:
anarchopunk00 wrote:
ALL OF YOU: Stop bitching! Debate sure,but when things get "personal" it's time to stop.

Well we were debating at first, but sometimes you can't help it when the topic steers off in a different direction but yes I agree, it is getting a bit 'personal' now and off-topic so I'll stop (if bigblu does too :P).

agreed! I'd love to continue the debate privately if your interested and there's no hard feelings about anything. I like hearing other peoples opinions. honestly Ive been too busy to reply as Ive been wrapped up in the whole occupy thing in my states capital (providence RI) I even got arrested but they cut me loose in the am. stupid shit and who knows what will really come out of it but I couldn't stay at home and just let it happen without throwing my voice in, so Ive been going to the protest when I'm not in school and honestly when my wife lets me lol) so if you want to continue the debate just send me a message if not that's cool too!

BIGblu

17 Oct 2011, 23:44

Search for:
Jump to:  

**LOGIN

Username:

Password:

Remember me  

Or click here to register a new account

LAST POSTS

• Aus-Rotten Discography
• Desobediencial Civil (Anarkopunk Mexico)
• Society System Decontrol - Discography
• account delete
• Return To Fortress Europe: The Big Shiny Prison Vol 3 [PDF]
• Re: Hi, this is Stain from Albacete, Spain.
• Re: Кто может проконсультировать?
• Re: PUREVIL DC Punk early 80's
• Re: Preved. Your answer is machless... :)
• Re: 17/04 Elway + Joe McMahon (Smoke Or Fire) @Winston Amsterdam
• Re: Hi from France
• Re: Punk survey
• Re: Lay It On The Line - The Black Museum
• Re: No Gods No Masters buyer review

You will need a software like WINRAR to open the albums you download here.

Add us to your friends !

Use this image to link to us !

MOST POPULAR SEARCH TERMS

template->_php_include(): File ./popsearch.php does not exist or is empty

LAST SEARCH FOR:

• Besancon • Pöblers united • Strength In Numbers • Amparanoia • Skin Deep - The Burial • Groovie Ghoulies 99 • 2 Minuta Mrznje • Kingdom the rage that guides • Trocki • Guts Pie Earshot • The business rio • New Dawn Fades • Fuera del sektor • Genocide Superstars • The Maytones • Risen • Murphys Law The Best Of Times • Mu330 • Crisis Ends • Edith Nylon • Disidencia • Garçons • Nosotros Decimos No • Scarface Ska • Nofx war • The Liberators • Death Threat Nowhere Fast • Jugend • Eddie Spaghetti The Sauce • Michale Graves - Demos Live Cuts Vol. Iv • Koliko • Los Pies Negros • Dead Kennedys Plastic Surgery Disasters • Brother Inferior ?– Blasphemy Treason • Cxdxrx • 99 bottles • Fine young firecrackers  • Lady -saw • Kategorie C • Desvirgheitors • Backyard Babies ? Backyard Babies -2008 • Aftermath uk • Pledge • Kaaos -kasetti ** ** 8=8 • Jesuseater • Societic Death Slaughter • Hard Skin • The Flys • The Tostones • Raptus • Todays The Day • Total Terror • The haggis • The Ska Album •  music ich bin ein punk • The kids • The Broadways • Agnostic Front Warriors • Narcissus - crave collapse • Ni o zombi • Port  • Metro st • Berurier Noir Porcherie • The Whores • The Oppressed Fatal Blow • World/inferno Friendship Society • Poison Idea Discografia • 7 Seconds Walk Together Rock Together • Anti -flag - die for your government • Tronic • Leather bristles survivors sick boys • Deathcore • Natty combo • Defensa Y Justicia • G.g.allin • Instinct • Only Living Witness • Mash -up • The Potato 5 • Stormcrow • Vent • Enraged • Sample • Arsonists • Varning • Stupenda jones • The Jam Gold • Accords • Hortense Ellis • Raymonde Et Les Blancs Becs • Oxnard • Sex pistols • Les Collabos - Complete Discography (1983-85) - 2010 - Punk • Pinstripes • Chasing Hamburg • Dry amp; heavy • Suicide machines least worst of • Jornada Del Caos • New Christs • Tributo A Madness • La theorie du boxon • Morgue • The Knob • Skacha • Rock`n roll • I Love Ufo • Purple • Salsa • Geraniüm • La rona • Burnt • Nadie • Sonny moore • Deadly Games Varukers • Tampere Ss - Kuollut • Tampere Ss - Kuollut • Skank to • Tampere Ss - Kuollut • Tampere Ss - Kuollut • Alien Sex Fiend

* NO FILES ARE HOSTED ON OUR SERVERS *
* The links are either posted by a member of our site or a robot *
* For copyright issues, either contact the original uploader OR the website where the physical file is hosted. *
* PunkAndSkins.com is an index of files crawled by spider bots, just like google. *
* We can't moderate everything posted on this site. Because something was posted by a robot doesn't means we support the band and their ideas. We are sorry if you found something that shouldn't be here. *
Forum software by PhpBB.com T-Shirt Printing