Welcome to PunksAndSkins.com

Please login or register

Being a member will give you full access to the website and will allow you to participate to the discussion forums

Log-in

Lost your password?

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

Username:  

E-mail Address:  

Confirm E-mail:  
Password:  
Confirm Password:

[Anti-Bot] What continent is United States located on ?

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Share on Facebook

more SKINHEAD t-shirts
more PUNK t-shirts
more SKA t-shirts
Animal Liberation t-shirts
Anti-capitalist t-shirts

Music Downloads

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Green Day, Pop Punk, and Bullshit 

Post  Re: Green Day, Pop Punk, and Bullshit
Share this album on Facebook

Alla dis waffle over what is real PUNK OR THIS OR THAT. As a bona fide old fuck I find it amusing to hear 'back in the day' refer to 182/offspring gig. You need to go back furtherto when music was corporate product, nothing that strange got on the airwaves and the world was goin into its post hippie sellout greed thing [ex SDS radicals becoming .....STOCKBROKERS. That was the seventies. It, as cartman puts it, SUCKED BALLS. If you wanted to release music you either became orporate rock whores or struggled with sweet fa. Punk destroyed that. Punk was, and remains, not so much a musical style [really it's simply very hard rock with REAL lyrics at its core] but an ttitude..of exploration, self suffiency, diy, indenpendence, and the rejection of the trappings of corporate ;stardom'. It ain't rocket science nor does it need ideological schisms and holier than thou elitist attitudes. If youre dissing someone over their taste in music youre mising the point. Sure 182 etc are not to my taste but thir fan are happy, leave em be and do your own thing. Why do we need some sort of 'cool' police? rely on your ow beliefs and opinions, they are as valid, good, 'correct' as anyone elses. there are no experts, only informed opinion and we all know what opinions are like...arseholes, everyone has one. peace.

30 May 2012, 22:32
Sweden

antifaoz wrote:
Alla dis waffle over what is real PUNK OR THIS OR THAT. As a bona fide old fuck I find it amusing to hear 'back in the day' refer to 182/offspring gig. You need to go back furtherto when music was corporate product, nothing that strange got on the airwaves and the world was goin into its post hippie sellout greed thing [ex SDS radicals becoming .....STOCKBROKERS. That was the seventies. It, as cartman puts it, SUCKED BALLS. If you wanted to release music you either became orporate rock whores or struggled with sweet fa. Punk destroyed that. Punk was, and remains, not so much a musical style [really it's simply very hard rock with REAL lyrics at its core] but an ttitude..of exploration, self suffiency, diy, indenpendence, and the rejection of the trappings of corporate ;stardom'. It ain't rocket science nor does it need ideological schisms and holier than thou elitist attitudes. If youre dissing someone over their taste in music youre mising the point. Sure 182 etc are not to my taste but thir fan are happy, leave em be and do your own thing. Why do we need some sort of 'cool' police? rely on your ow beliefs and opinions, they are as valid, good, 'correct' as anyone elses. there are no experts, only informed opinion and we all know what opinions are like...arseholes, everyone has one. peace.

I agree with you to the point that i really do not have anything against the bands that OP listed (in fact i am so cool that i openly admit that i still listen to some skate-punk like Satanic surfers and sometimes even Bad Religion find it's way into my playlists) my main problem has never been accepting that punk have developed quite a few directions over the years, i'd be an idiot if i said otherwise since in my own opinion punk, oi and hardcore had to develop, otherwise we'd have 600000 bands worldwide that sounds like 4-skins and minor threat, and that my friend would be a bit boring:)

My main concern through the years lie with all the middle/upperclass farts trying to benefit from a culture they have never understood nor had any love for. It's not a silly "anti-hipster" thing since my childish punk-police attitude's been on full alert the past 19 years with all the idiots claiming to have sprung from the punkrock roots over the years.
(no namedropping but i know a few soso-famous rocknroll bands aiming for the top 10-15 years ago with Mtv vids and when asked by reporters about their history they claimed to have started from scratch by being a part of the local punkscene, which for the record...they didn't. I was involved in every gigplace in town and never saw them near these places. The truth was that they where studiobands that got everything handed to them by EMI and the sort so they where able to go straight to the big stage)

I don't bash screamo, punkroll or whatever angers the knowitalls within the scene these days, i just don't want some overpriviledged idiots who does'nt even like the music claiming to be a part of a culture that our brothers and sisters have worked their asses off to protect and support over the years.
I know it sounds a bit immature but i still feel that there is a need to raise the good old two-finger salute to these moochers every now and then to remind them and the society that there is still a difference between us and them.

Anyways, take care mate.

My future plans for punk/hc torrents takes time since i have to contact every band for permission, so for now just PM me regarding certain artists/albums, if have it and it's legal to share ill gladly hand it to you.

31 May 2012, 15:54
Profile WWW

Now I don't know how many of you know this but Green Day use to put on shows with bands like Blatz and Filth. Where they went total mainstream I do not know. I don't really hate Green Day. They have good political views. They know how big of a dumb-ass Bush was and Billy sung about it. Hell, Rancid wanted Billy to join them before they got Larz. As for the other "Pop Punk" bands, I don't care for them. Blink 182 was a good band to listen to went you wanted to party because they had funny lyrics but other then that I hate all other bands. They should have never included the words Pop and Punk together. It doesn't make sense.

05 Jun 2012, 21:17
Sweden

Well said McCrust (is that a family name?;D)

Got a few friends (came straight from the scene and had sacrificed blood and sweat for it with their hard work through the years) who formed a few "mainstream" bands trying to make it big, sadly it did didn't work as planned but if they would have made it big i'd be 20% jealous and 80% happy for them because they certainly have earned a good time after supporting the local Hardcore/oi/punk/Crust scene through the years, on a second thought, we ALL deserve a good time and some extra coins in our normally empty pockets.
I like the thought of gutterpunks/skins/hc"kids" having a winningstreak every now and then:)

As long as some part stays punk and angry i'm all for it (and as McCrust pointed out for us, Green Day have had pretty nifty lyrics through the years which in my eyes is great since people watching MTV need a little uppercut from reality every now and then)

My future plans for punk/hc torrents takes time since i have to contact every band for permission, so for now just PM me regarding certain artists/albums, if have it and it's legal to share ill gladly hand it to you.

11 Jun 2012, 14:32
Profile WWW

Hell, if you really want to look into things. The drummer for Stonesour use to be in Nausea. Moby was in a punk band back in the 80's. The Beastiboys were a punk band before going hip hop. Pat Smear went from The Germs to the Foo Fighters. Watch the movie American Hardcore if you want to see who use to be punk.

15 Jun 2012, 17:34
United States

ok so does bein a punk mean that you cant have money? cause um nofx epitomizes DIY in my opinion. so what he has money. hes been at this for fuckin ever man. he started an indie label, maybe local staions play their shit on the radio (and satellite radio but thats totally different those djs can play whatever they want for the most part, so it doesnt count) but in the midwest yeah... never ever heard nofx on the radio. you forget they been around since the eighties. times are a lot different then they were back then. parents are more accepting of their kids and actually encourage them to do what makes them happy now. that is why you rarely hear song about kids hatin their parents and other shit. i mean it still happens but not nearly as much. i say this cause im black and my mom hated me cause i love punk rock and thought i wanted to be white. i was jealous of my friends who had their family in their corner and didnt fuckin talk shit to them after they came home from gettin talked shit to all day at school. but i digress. AND pop punk is not popular punk its just punk that is more catchy and melodic and has harmonies. its way harder to write a pop punk song then a hardcore song (try it oh and it has to be good too) you fuckin hypocrites. be more accepting. just because youre punk doesnt mean that you have to be a dirty fuckin douche bag asshole. having said that ill also say there is nothin wrong with pop punk. i say the ramones started pop punk and the sex pistols started hardcore. i dunno green day to me, has always sucked. i really dont think the casualties have money like you think they dont even tour on a bus at least as of two years ago they didnt. not every punk band was political man. a lot of bands just talked about their life in the streets or gettin fucked up with their friends or yes, even girl problems. the misfits played songs with a fifties and sixties rock sound for petes sakes. the ones who are more power to em but some people dont like feelin that they are bein preached to. i love anti flag those guys are cool as fuck man they make honest music that EVERYONE needs to hear which is why i dont call them sell outs. their music stayed political as fuck and stayed like anti flag. to me sellin out doesnt just mean signin to a major label, its also changin your style to fit what is popular or what the label wants you to sound like. i meet people that dont like them because they dont sound preachy. i dunno open your ears and listen to it first, if you dont like it i understand just cause they arent shouting about reagan sucking dick or singing really fast for a minute and a half about some random issue that they dislike in their life. doesnt mean they arent a punk band. sorry some people wanted to progress past three fuckin chords and no song structure. i dunno feel free to point out the flaws in this but be warned i will rebuttal. plus i dont think what i say is perfect and it mostly opinion based but cmon dont be an asshole. i will admit a lot of pop punk is bullshit but there are some good bands that make their music because they want people to hear it, not because they want to be rich. i have friends in pop punk bands that tour and make liek 20 bucks a show man. its not even enough to pay for gas but its fun and they like doin what they are doin. they design their merch and have it made by some local dude another friend of the band. i guess im defending green day too even tho i dont like their music AND i feel their political views were shaped by everyone else bush bashin too.

18 Apr 2013, 23:17
United Kingdom

It does make me laugh to see such bullshit raised about certain bands, are they punk, aren't they punk, should a "real punk" listen to them... Who gives a fuck? If you like shit, you like it, if you don't, fucking move on. Why not spend your time listening to shit you do like instead of whinging about shit you don't?

I like pop-punk to a degree, provided it's not on for too long. If my playlist shuffles to some Offspring or Sum 41, I don't mind that. I decide what I listen to, and if I'm not in the mood, I just skip it. No big deal.

I might be a bit of a youngster (25), so I grew up with this stuff around me, and maybe that's rubbed off, but as far as I'm concerned there's room for more than just one type of punk on my playlist.

23 Feb 2014, 08:39
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Search for:
Jump to:  

**LOGIN

Username:

Password:

Remember me  

Or click here to register a new account

LAST POSTS

• Bastard Sons Of Cavan - Masks, Megaphones & Mayhem!! (2016)
• The Twilighters - The Twilighters (2016)
• Eh Up from Staffs U.K.
• Batmobile - Brand New Blisters (2017)
• What's crackin boys?
• Bristol Bulldogs - Never Forget . full cd OI!
• hellooooo
• Re: HARDCORE OLD SCHOOL RADIO
• Re: Hello from puerto Rico
• Undead Generation - Free EP (South Africa) (2017)
• Re: Case - Ain't Gonna Dance
• Request: The Table
• California Shows (Winter 2017)
• FiveSidedDice - Big Brother EP (South African Ska/Punk)

You will need a software like WINRAR to open the albums you download here.

Add us to your friends !

Use this image to link to us !

MOST POPULAR SEARCH TERMS

template->_php_include(): File ./popsearch.php does not exist or is empty

LAST SEARCH FOR:

• Besancon • Pöblers united • Strength In Numbers • Amparanoia • Skin Deep - The Burial • Groovie Ghoulies 99 • 2 Minuta Mrznje • Kingdom the rage that guides • Trocki • Guts Pie Earshot • The business rio • New Dawn Fades • Fuera del sektor • Genocide Superstars • The Maytones • Risen • Murphys Law The Best Of Times • Mu330 • Crisis Ends • Edith Nylon • Disidencia • Garçons • Nosotros Decimos No • Scarface Ska • Nofx war • The Liberators • Death Threat Nowhere Fast • Jugend • Eddie Spaghetti The Sauce • Michale Graves - Demos Live Cuts Vol. Iv • Koliko • Los Pies Negros • Dead Kennedys Plastic Surgery Disasters • Brother Inferior ?– Blasphemy Treason • Cxdxrx • 99 bottles • Fine young firecrackers  • Lady -saw • Kategorie C • Desvirgheitors • Backyard Babies ? Backyard Babies -2008 • Aftermath uk • Pledge • Kaaos -kasetti ** ** 8=8 • Jesuseater • Societic Death Slaughter • Hard Skin • The Flys • The Tostones • Raptus • Todays The Day • Total Terror • The haggis • The Ska Album •  music ich bin ein punk • The kids • The Broadways • Agnostic Front Warriors • Narcissus - crave collapse • Ni o zombi • Port  • Metro st • Berurier Noir Porcherie • The Whores • The Oppressed Fatal Blow • World/inferno Friendship Society • Poison Idea Discografia • 7 Seconds Walk Together Rock Together • Anti -flag - die for your government • Tronic • Leather bristles survivors sick boys • Deathcore • Natty combo • Defensa Y Justicia • G.g.allin • Instinct • Only Living Witness • Mash -up • The Potato 5 • Stormcrow • Vent • Enraged • Sample • Arsonists • Varning • Stupenda jones • The Jam Gold • Accords • Hortense Ellis • Raymonde Et Les Blancs Becs • Oxnard • Sex pistols • Les Collabos - Complete Discography (1983-85) - 2010 - Punk • Pinstripes • Chasing Hamburg • Dry amp; heavy • Suicide machines least worst of • Jornada Del Caos • New Christs • Tributo A Madness • La theorie du boxon • Morgue • The Knob • Skacha • Rock`n roll • I Love Ufo • Purple • Salsa • Geraniüm • La rona • Burnt • Nadie • Sonny moore • Deadly Games Varukers • Tampere Ss - Kuollut • Tampere Ss - Kuollut • Skank to • Tampere Ss - Kuollut • Tampere Ss - Kuollut • Alien Sex Fiend

* NO FILES ARE HOSTED ON OUR SERVERS *
* The links are either posted by a member of our site or a robot *
* For copyright issues, either contact the original uploader OR the website where the physical file is hosted. *
* PunkAndSkins.com is an index of files crawled by spider bots, just like google. *
* We can't moderate everything posted on this site. Because something was posted by a robot doesn't means we support the band and their ideas. We are sorry if you found something that shouldn't be here. *
Forum software by PhpBB.com T-Shirt Printing