Welcome to PunksAndSkins.com

Please login or register

Being a member will give you full access to the website and will allow you to participate to the discussion forums

Log-in

Lost your password?

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

Username:  

E-mail Address:  

Confirm E-mail:  
Password:  
Confirm Password:

[Anti-Bot] What continent is United States located on ?

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Share on Facebook

more SKINHEAD t-shirts
more PUNK t-shirts
more SKA t-shirts
Animal Liberation t-shirts
Anti-capitalist t-shirts

Music Downloads

Schools and the Education System 
United Kingdom

Post  Schools and the Education System
Share this album on Facebook

This forum is almost dead except for a few of us, so I think we are in need of a new topic.

How do you feel about schools? Good, bad..? Why?
What do you think of your countrys education system? Why?
And so on...

Feel free to go slightly off topic and discuss any issues you had at school! It gets us all talking more right?

10 Aug 2011, 12:28
Australia

Post  Re: Schools and the Education System

School is stupid, at least it was for me. Nobody tried. Nobody cared, everyone was clueless and where I'm from nobodys punk. Only metalheads and sluts.
At the start everyone was scared. In the middle everyone was braindead and at the end everyone was confused by there future. It was complecated and frankly I bearly learnt a thing except that I hate being a teenager in the 2000's.

And the worst part was, there was only one answer to a question. No room for other opinons. Only what the teacher said was correct. What the smart, weird looking girl said must be wrong because the teacher says so! They atempt to make clones out of us. That is why I truely hate school.

10 Aug 2011, 13:58
United States

Whats bullshit is how all the guidance counselors and teachers are all the sudden trying to stop bullying because they started to realize that bullying can really fuck certain people up. like i get shit in school but i canj deal with it, others cant and sometimes it leads others to suicide or something drastic. and the faculty thinks that all the bullies are these kids who look tough when really its just jocks and rednecks who all suck up to the teachers anyway. and they think a bullies target are the more quiet and softer kids. they are believing the stereotypes. Plus bullying is something that cant really be stopped, its natural for humans to look down on difference. but that doesnt mean its an excuse. bullying is something you have to look outside of the box for, where the box is the stereotype. otherwise, i mean, most teachers abuse there power a lot and some go above and beyond to make things worse for a student. What they teach most kids wont ever need to know again unless its to help there kid with it when the time comes. Like im learning calculous right now, i will never be able to use this for a career, i dont have shit intrest to be a mathmetician and i never will. Besides most students forget what they learn within half a yeaR. And the schoole has bad rules about fights too. they dont care who started it, if you were involved you get suspended. its happen to me where ive gotten beaten up by a group when i did nothing to start it and we all got suspended. Ive never had a liking to teachers or authority, like in the fifth grade i made a petition to get my teacher fired. but im like willing to make friends wirth teachers if they are willing to with me. Anyway, the sc hool believes in stereotypes, has no clue, and abuses their power tp the extent of insanity

10 Aug 2011, 14:46
United Kingdom

omg school eee i miss just singing in lessons to get kicked out lol especialy maths but i did try at the begining cause i wanted to learn but the education system well school catogorises ya like i got put in a lower set because i was bad at maths but i was brill at english and science and dt but as i got put in a low set i was apparently stupid so i got no support and the people in my set were idiot chavs so it was hard to learn anything as the dissrupted the lesson , but i also used to love arguen with the religious education teaches haha my arguement would be science has been proven but god hasn't and they all shut up lol , and they used to try and send me home for wearing my doc martens but i wouldnt take them off lol but one teacher iked my damned badge and we had a big conversation about 70's punk lol

10 Aug 2011, 14:53
United Kingdom

@sam the sick , i got bullied but it stopped mainly when i got to year 9 which would be grade 9 for you and i saw a lot of other kids get bullied it was awful teachers do fk all this lass had footballs smacked of her face tripped up stairs stabbed with pens and i tod the teacher i was like have ya seen what there doing to her they did fuck all about it cause they have no dicipline or there scared themselves , ive had my head kicked in but most the time i fought back but some people don't know how and it does lead to them having issues in later life or at school i used to have panick attacks in the morning cause i couldn't face going back and one day i went into school and a big group of chavs surrounded me and one smacked me so i just goes howa then i'll knock ya's all out and they were like wow calm down i was thinking ya've bullied me for years and smacked me in the face ! lol so i said a few insults to them and they let me walk away . but i hate bullying and i hate seeing people get bullied there's some awful people out there

10 Aug 2011, 15:06
United Kingdom

I think schools are basically like prisons for children. They seem to hate the idea of individual thought - you have to be like everyone else. You are forced to attend pointless lessons and to follow all their rules. Most of all though, schools are in effect preparing children for the corporate world.

Sam TheSlick wrote:
its natural for humans to look down on difference.

I don't think it's natural at all, that's like saying racism is natural/genetic. Prejudice is always taught.

Sam TheSlick wrote:
otherwise, i mean, most teachers abuse there power a lot and some go above and beyond to make things worse for a student. What they teach most kids wont ever need to know again unless its to help there kid with it when the time comes. Like im learning calculous right now, i will never be able to use this for a career, i dont have shit intrest to be a mathmetician and i never will.

Yeah tell me about it. I was bullied a heck of a lot throughout my school life, and in some cases the teachers even joined in. They're meant to be stopping it, not fucking encouraging it.

True a lot of lessons are pointless, but as I said earlier school is preparation for kids to get into corporations so that is exactly why those pointless lessons are being taught - you need maths for a wealthy job in economics, you need science for a wealthy job as a doctor, etc. They try to encourage kids to go after the more well-paid jobs. You should've seen the smile on one of my teachers' face when a boy in the class said "I don't care what job I get, as long as it pays well". (Obviously, though, that's not to say that if someone wants to study maths or whatever that they're only doing it to get rich, they might just simply enjoy it!)

10 Aug 2011, 18:12

Search for:
Jump to:  

**LOGIN

Username:

Password:

Remember me  

Or click here to register a new account

LAST POSTS

• Aus-Rotten Discography
• Desobediencial Civil (Anarkopunk Mexico)
• Society System Decontrol - Discography
• account delete
• Return To Fortress Europe: The Big Shiny Prison Vol 3 [PDF]
• Re: Hi, this is Stain from Albacete, Spain.
• Re: Кто может проконсультировать?
• Re: PUREVIL DC Punk early 80's
• Re: Preved. Your answer is machless... :)
• Re: 17/04 Elway + Joe McMahon (Smoke Or Fire) @Winston Amsterdam
• Re: Hi from France
• Re: Punk survey
• Re: Lay It On The Line - The Black Museum
• Re: No Gods No Masters buyer review

You will need a software like WINRAR to open the albums you download here.

Add us to your friends !

Use this image to link to us !

MOST POPULAR SEARCH TERMS

template->_php_include(): File ./popsearch.php does not exist or is empty

LAST SEARCH FOR:

• Besancon • Pöblers united • Strength In Numbers • Amparanoia • Skin Deep - The Burial • Groovie Ghoulies 99 • 2 Minuta Mrznje • Kingdom the rage that guides • Trocki • Guts Pie Earshot • The business rio • New Dawn Fades • Fuera del sektor • Genocide Superstars • The Maytones • Risen • Murphys Law The Best Of Times • Mu330 • Crisis Ends • Edith Nylon • Disidencia • Garçons • Nosotros Decimos No • Scarface Ska • Nofx war • The Liberators • Death Threat Nowhere Fast • Jugend • Eddie Spaghetti The Sauce • Michale Graves - Demos Live Cuts Vol. Iv • Koliko • Los Pies Negros • Dead Kennedys Plastic Surgery Disasters • Brother Inferior ?– Blasphemy Treason • Cxdxrx • 99 bottles • Fine young firecrackers  • Lady -saw • Kategorie C • Desvirgheitors • Backyard Babies ? Backyard Babies -2008 • Aftermath uk • Pledge • Kaaos -kasetti ** ** 8=8 • Jesuseater • Societic Death Slaughter • Hard Skin • The Flys • The Tostones • Raptus • Todays The Day • Total Terror • The haggis • The Ska Album •  music ich bin ein punk • The kids • The Broadways • Agnostic Front Warriors • Narcissus - crave collapse • Ni o zombi • Port  • Metro st • Berurier Noir Porcherie • The Whores • The Oppressed Fatal Blow • World/inferno Friendship Society • Poison Idea Discografia • 7 Seconds Walk Together Rock Together • Anti -flag - die for your government • Tronic • Leather bristles survivors sick boys • Deathcore • Natty combo • Defensa Y Justicia • G.g.allin • Instinct • Only Living Witness • Mash -up • The Potato 5 • Stormcrow • Vent • Enraged • Sample • Arsonists • Varning • Stupenda jones • The Jam Gold • Accords • Hortense Ellis • Raymonde Et Les Blancs Becs • Oxnard • Sex pistols • Les Collabos - Complete Discography (1983-85) - 2010 - Punk • Pinstripes • Chasing Hamburg • Dry amp; heavy • Suicide machines least worst of • Jornada Del Caos • New Christs • Tributo A Madness • La theorie du boxon • Morgue • The Knob • Skacha • Rock`n roll • I Love Ufo • Purple • Salsa • Geraniüm • La rona • Burnt • Nadie • Sonny moore • Deadly Games Varukers • Tampere Ss - Kuollut • Tampere Ss - Kuollut • Skank to • Tampere Ss - Kuollut • Tampere Ss - Kuollut • Alien Sex Fiend

* NO FILES ARE HOSTED ON OUR SERVERS *
* The links are either posted by a member of our site or a robot *
* For copyright issues, either contact the original uploader OR the website where the physical file is hosted. *
* PunkAndSkins.com is an index of files crawled by spider bots, just like google. *
* We can't moderate everything posted on this site. Because something was posted by a robot doesn't means we support the band and their ideas. We are sorry if you found something that shouldn't be here. *
Forum software by PhpBB.com T-Shirt Printing