Welcome to PunksAndSkins.com

Please login or register

Being a member will give you full access to the website and will allow you to participate to the discussion forums

Log-in

Lost your password?

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

Username:  

E-mail Address:  

Confirm E-mail:  
Password:  
Confirm Password:

[Anti-Bot] What continent is United States located on ?

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Share on Facebook

more SKINHEAD t-shirts
more PUNK t-shirts
more SKA t-shirts
Straight Edge t-shirts
Anti-capitalist t-shirts

Music Downloads

hippy bashing ? 
Korea, Republic Of

Post  Re: hippy bashing ?
Share this album on Facebook

The origin of saying 'fuck hippies' is because hippies are overly idealistic, pacifistic and unrealistic.

It was a long mutation from the 1970s punk to the 1990s.

Before the gigantic rift that was occurring and ws solidified in 1982, punk and skin had no inherent politics attached to it; there were Communist skins and there were Fascist skins; there were Anarchist punks and yes, there were even Fascist punks.

Punks hated hippies for the same reasons skins hated hippies:

They were drunk off of yesteryear's ideals that didn't work and are stupid.

Punk isn't rooted in free love or pacifism or expanding your mind. Punk has an inherently self-destructive streak inside of it.

I think a lot of the "punks" today have lost touch with it, and there are many good people in the scene who attach themselves to a punk lifestyle that is not the genuine origin, but rather the political offshoot of what punk was.

17 Feb 2010, 09:34
Profile WWW
Australia

That is merely the nihilistic side of punk. Punk as a form of freedom is not confined to any one ideal, But a myriad of ideas and opinions. As for "Fascist" punks,they simply do not and cannot exist.The anti-authoritarian roots of punk defy all forms of authority and self containing barriers and to attach the word "punk" to a conformist political ideal is an oxymoron.

Quote "Before the gigantic rift that was occurring and was solidified in 1982, punk and skin had no inherent politics attached to it."

Rock and roll arose from rebellion. Rock Music as far back as the eye can see has been a vehicle for free speech against oppression (Which obviously stems from politics). Punk was no exception,the politics was always there. Reggae itself was music of freedom and love.

I respect your freedom of opinion,but i think drawing lines around the theory of what punk "is and isn't" is defeating the purpose.

17 Feb 2010, 12:48

Its ignorant to hate anyone based on simply a generalization of their social group. What I find most distasteful about a lot of hippies is the ignorance that they generally apply in the forming of their political beliefs. Where the vast majority of politically active punks I know are individual enough to have some arguments to back up their beliefs, enough hippies end up on sites like zombietime.com shouting something that only half-way makes sense. It's very frustrating to have your political affiliation lumped in with people like that.

17 Feb 2010, 21:45
United States

I tend to dislike hippies as well, although I have some fairly close friends who could be called hippies. What bothers me about hippies in general is how they want to impose their lifestyle on you, me, and everybody. When they do that through the ballet, it often involves loss of freedom. That ain't cool.

17 Feb 2010, 22:44

god wrote:
not any more. the freaking new age hippies dont do shit, they're a bunch of conformist punk-hating douche bags that want nothing more than to go buy another $400 peace shirt from pink. real hippies are fine with me tho

:lol: haha YES i see it daily, when i say die hippie bastard THESE are the crowd i'm speaking to

18 Feb 2010, 00:56
Korea, Republic Of

Tbag wrote:
That is merely the nihilistic side of punk. Punk as a form of freedom is not confined to any one ideal, But a myriad of ideas and opinions. As for "Fascist" punks,they simply do not and cannot exist.The anti-authoritarian roots of punk defy all forms of authority and self containing barriers and to attach the word "punk" to a conformist political ideal is an oxymoron.

Quote "Before the gigantic rift that was occurring and was solidified in 1982, punk and skin had no inherent politics attached to it."

Rock and roll arose from rebellion. Rock Music as far back as the eye can see has been a vehicle for free speech against oppression (Which obviously stems from politics). Punk was no exception,the politics was always there. Reggae itself was music of freedom and love.

I respect your freedom of opinion,but i think drawing lines around the theory of what punk "is and isn't" is defeating the purpose.

I would say that there is a clear distinction between social and political rebellion; although they often go hand in hand they are of a different nature.

18 Feb 2010, 03:07
Profile WWW
Australia

I think to rebel politically affects society in general. And to rebel socially is usually in reaction to a political suppression. Not always the case though.

18 Feb 2010, 11:29
Sweden

I don't see too many hippies around here, don't think I've seen any since I left high-school. I don't feel that I've got a reason to hate hippies as long as they don't... Do something wierd. I've got a friend from Belgium who's some kind of a metal-hippie-hobbit (He seriously looks like a hobbit!) we use to insult eachother for fun, like 'Hey Baldie' 'Hey Hippie-Bastard' and such.

Only thing I don't like about Hippies, which may or may not be true as far as I know, is their 'peace, love and understanding. I don't need to work for my food to live, I just need love and weeds'-attitude. Although I have yet to actually see one of those with my own eyes, it's prolly just another Hollywood steriotype jammed into my head.

But I wouldn't go bash someone down for being a hippie down town all randomly.

18 Feb 2010, 15:49
Korea, Republic Of

The thing is, though, is that a lot of original punk rock was fundamentally absurdist and shock value; while the Sex Pistols sang odes to Anarchy they also sang odes to concentration camps and even ones that used anti-gay epithets (Friggin' in the Riggin', anybody?).

A lot of the bands naturally had some political stances but it is important to remember that many were not leftist robots.

Oi! in a way was a distinct reaction against the over-politicization of punk -- it got diluted by art school wankers who did lost the spirit of the movement.

20 Feb 2010, 04:13
Profile WWW
United States

[quote][/quote]Hippies are totally D.I.Y. as much as punks. And what wrong w/ communes, a group of people self sustaining and not relying on the consumer world is pretty punk rock to me. Directly anti establishment.

01 Mar 2010, 05:53
United States

way i see it, if your really hippy and are true to your cause that's great. At least you stand for something. My biggest problem is with people who refuse to take a stance on anything, who just mindlessly mill about life just doing what the fuck their told. I dont have to like it, i dont have to agree with it, but i respect the fact that they're trying to stand for something.

02 Mar 2010, 03:12
United States

Hippies stand for things, not really against them. And it doesn't help that a lot of the "hippies" i see around college campuses will be all ready and willing to walk barefoot in public and do the freegan thing, but when they go home for the summer they can take the Benz out for a drive and buy gallons of fiji water. Not a whole lot of neo-hippies have any stance whatsoever on politics or anything relevant. It's more of a fashion than a lifestyle.

at any rate, I have met a few really sick crusty hippies. Theyre really cool, nice politics, good ideals, and personable. I guess I really hate scene division more than I hate asshole rich kids, but its a close call. Don't bash hippies, there are a ton of police out there instead.

29 Apr 2010, 05:16
Ireland

Hippy is just another label to put on somebody to fit them into a nice, neat little catagory to keep everything sanitised and seperate, to keep us in line. Theres only two kinds of people, good and bad, the same with music. Everyones entitled to their opinion and point of view, once it doesn't impose on anybody else, and should only be judged on a personal level by their actions not how they dress, the colour of their skin etc., its all bullshit social constructs. Throw away the labels!!!

01 May 2010, 18:22

Hippies and punks are the same. We both hate water.

05 May 2010, 16:40
United States

living in cali i see all these kids that say they're hippies and want to save the world and peace and shit. but they're hipocrites. real serious hippies are fine with me. they respect my life style i respect theirs. they got great weed too.

14 May 2010, 01:41
United States

a guy I hang out with all time says he is a hippie, other than the smoking pot thing, he hates drugs.

17 May 2010, 02:17
Norway

Just to be totally honest, my only real difficulty with hippies in general is the horrible music they listen to. The entire culture seems to be rooted in getting high, listening to awful music, and being extremely idealistic.

Not that there's anything in particular wrong with idealism. It's a fun concept. It just doesn't work.

But yeah, that music... wow. There's just no fucking heart in it. There's no soul. It's just noise aggravated by extended bouts of drug use.

As far as their politics go; they never seem to really have a total understanding of what they even want politically, yet they feel compelled to bitch about the current government, regardless. They bitched about W. (who didn't?), and said Obama would be better. Now, they're half-heartedly bitching about Obama, but in a much more polite way, because they're afraid of being labeled "racists".

I'm not a fan. Maybe it's because I've spent so many years around so many different scenes and cultures, but hippies are, by far, one of the more annoying. There are, of course, exceptions to the rule. But it's an exception that definitely proves the rule in my opinion.

Worse, though, is the "ghetto culture" stuff. Mindless violence for the sake of? Seriously weak shit.

19 May 2010, 16:52

god wrote:
not any more. the freaking new age hippies dont do shit, they're a bunch of conformist punk-hating douche bags that want nothing more than to go buy another $400 peace shirt from pink. real hippies are fine with me tho

Yuppies?

10 Jun 2010, 05:16

me personally, has no problem with hippies, i can some what relate to hippies. every one doesnt want to hate, and if you do then you just adding more problems, i wish there was peace in this world and that every one can get along, WHY CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG? well i tell you why, in order for peace one man has to have the bigger stick, now it lame but true, which defines the whole point.

like anarchism, anarchy no government, no government no rules, no rules base on how you want to live you life, you can have peace and call it anarchy, but in this fuck up world people would go killling raping stealing crazy and you cant call that anything else but anarchy. it just the way it is, so for the hippies do your thing as i do my thing, which peace an love for every one and every thing that retures the favor and violence to the enemys.

10 Jun 2010, 05:30
Profile WWW
United States

Some of my best friends are/were hipppies. Hippies are passive punks are aggressive but ultimately after the same thing.

12 Jun 2010, 19:21

Search for:
Jump to:  

**LOGIN

Username:

Password:

Remember me  

Or click here to register a new account

LAST POSTS

• Aus-Rotten Discography
• Desobediencial Civil (Anarkopunk Mexico)
• Society System Decontrol - Discography
• account delete
• Return To Fortress Europe: The Big Shiny Prison Vol 3 [PDF]
• Re: Hi, this is Stain from Albacete, Spain.
• Re: Кто может проконсультировать?
• Re: PUREVIL DC Punk early 80's
• Re: Preved. Your answer is machless... :)
• Re: 17/04 Elway + Joe McMahon (Smoke Or Fire) @Winston Amsterdam
• Re: Hi from France
• Re: Punk survey
• Re: Lay It On The Line - The Black Museum
• Re: No Gods No Masters buyer review

You will need a software like WINRAR to open the albums you download here.

Add us to your friends !

Use this image to link to us !

MOST POPULAR SEARCH TERMS

template->_php_include(): File ./popsearch.php does not exist or is empty

LAST SEARCH FOR:

• Besancon • Pöblers united • Strength In Numbers • Amparanoia • Skin Deep - The Burial • Groovie Ghoulies 99 • 2 Minuta Mrznje • Kingdom the rage that guides • Trocki • Guts Pie Earshot • The business rio • New Dawn Fades • Fuera del sektor • Genocide Superstars • The Maytones • Risen • Murphys Law The Best Of Times • Mu330 • Crisis Ends • Edith Nylon • Disidencia • Garçons • Nosotros Decimos No • Scarface Ska • Nofx war • The Liberators • Death Threat Nowhere Fast • Jugend • Eddie Spaghetti The Sauce • Michale Graves - Demos Live Cuts Vol. Iv • Koliko • Los Pies Negros • Dead Kennedys Plastic Surgery Disasters • Brother Inferior ?– Blasphemy Treason • Cxdxrx • 99 bottles • Fine young firecrackers  • Lady -saw • Kategorie C • Desvirgheitors • Backyard Babies ? Backyard Babies -2008 • Aftermath uk • Pledge • Kaaos -kasetti ** ** 8=8 • Jesuseater • Societic Death Slaughter • Hard Skin • The Flys • The Tostones • Raptus • Todays The Day • Total Terror • The haggis • The Ska Album •  music ich bin ein punk • The kids • The Broadways • Agnostic Front Warriors • Narcissus - crave collapse • Ni o zombi • Port  • Metro st • Berurier Noir Porcherie • The Whores • The Oppressed Fatal Blow • World/inferno Friendship Society • Poison Idea Discografia • 7 Seconds Walk Together Rock Together • Anti -flag - die for your government • Tronic • Leather bristles survivors sick boys • Deathcore • Natty combo • Defensa Y Justicia • G.g.allin • Instinct • Only Living Witness • Mash -up • The Potato 5 • Stormcrow • Vent • Enraged • Sample • Arsonists • Varning • Stupenda jones • The Jam Gold • Accords • Hortense Ellis • Raymonde Et Les Blancs Becs • Oxnard • Sex pistols • Les Collabos - Complete Discography (1983-85) - 2010 - Punk • Pinstripes • Chasing Hamburg • Dry amp; heavy • Suicide machines least worst of • Jornada Del Caos • New Christs • Tributo A Madness • La theorie du boxon • Morgue • The Knob • Skacha • Rock`n roll • I Love Ufo • Purple • Salsa • Geraniüm • La rona • Burnt • Nadie • Sonny moore • Deadly Games Varukers • Tampere Ss - Kuollut • Tampere Ss - Kuollut • Skank to • Tampere Ss - Kuollut • Tampere Ss - Kuollut • Alien Sex Fiend

* NO FILES ARE HOSTED ON OUR SERVERS *
* The links are either posted by a member of our site or a robot *
* For copyright issues, either contact the original uploader OR the website where the physical file is hosted. *
* PunkAndSkins.com is an index of files crawled by spider bots, just like google. *
* We can't moderate everything posted on this site. Because something was posted by a robot doesn't means we support the band and their ideas. We are sorry if you found something that shouldn't be here. *
Forum software by PhpBB.com T-Shirt Printing